Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Love Letters ~ Forgotten Treasures

I'm so happy we didn't let a little snow and freezing temperatures stop us from going to the most recent estate sale.....we wold have missed finding love letters from Ted!

My favorite part of the letter is when Ted gives a description of himself; I'm 19 and will be 20 in July, 5'7" weighs 150lbs, bownish hair, loves sports and girls and drives a gold & white 55 Chev Bel Air!

When going to estate sales get there early for the best selection, but I have found at the end of the day or Sunday afternoon you'll get the best deals. The strategy of shopping a sale is simple, yet complex, I have found if I go in search ofa paticular object my eye will "edit out" other very suitable objects. This sets up for disappointment, however, if you go for more of the hunt, you are bound to see something to come home with.....I'm sure you will find something you will make a connection with, like a box of old love letters!!! 
XOX Glad & Cel








3 comments:

Orphaned Decor said...

What a wonderful find. I love these letters - thank so much for sharing. I find it hard to believe that someone in the family didn't hold on to these but thankfully you found them. This is how my mom and dad met...by writing letters while he was in the Marines.

Hollie Joy In The Morning said...

I love love old handwriting...and letters...and new handwriting and letters too;) thanks for sharing junking friend!
Hollie

koralee said...

Oh I love your find! This is a treasure! Thanks for sharing..warmed my heart today to see this.
Thank you for your sweet comments about my book...you were so kind to leave me a comment..Monday Hugs to you.