Sunday, June 12, 2011

Lilac Water

A few weeks ago my sister Jan ~ the 50 best punch recipes, posted a new site she found, The Tea Bag Compost Pile. The site showed how to make lilac water. Today with lilacs in bloom in our back yard, I thought I'd give it a try. The recipe calls for a stalk of lilac and add it to water for 12 to 24 hours (while in the fridge.) I used a ginger jar I had handy, but you could use a gallon water jar. Take the lilacs out after their steeping time and drink this delicious flower water within a few days. Store in fridge and strain into cups throughout the day to drink. It is energetically good to uplift the heart and spirit. I hope you get a chance to try it. I poured myself a glass only after a few hours of steeping and it was very delicious!!

Have a great week! Glad & Cel



No comments: