Monday, January 25, 2010

My oldest son Dylan and I spent, what started out as a snowy Monday at the hospital, don't worry everything is OK... What a sweet boy Dylan is, I have been so blessed to have such a BEAUTIFUL, KIND-HEARTED, PERFECT Son.
I would be lying if I didn't say at times difficult,argumentative, sassy, spirited oh how the list could go on and on, but I won't ~

My little boy was diagnosed with Crohn's disease this last October...
We (the doctors and I) decided to try a drug known as Remicade, however much like drugs used for patients with cancer it is much like a chemo treatment. Every eight weeks Dylan and I spend our Mondays in a room on the Peds oncology floor. We snuggle up and watch movies, eat brownies and sip hot coco, take much needed naps (since I am not able to bring the other two blessings to the hospital with me.)


When we arrived at the hospital we entered into a colorful hall made to look like you were on an ocean adventure, equipped with a child size tug boat... little people fill the waiting room... As we look around we see little bald heads, some covered with special hats and some that dont care that their illness has taken their heads of hair. It is an amazing sight to see some of the happiest children that have been through something so horrible, something that most of us will never experience. As I walked my own son down the hallway I heard laughter from little ones driving police cars (IV's and all) as sad as it may seem, what a wonderful sight to see those little bald heads and little voices filled with such hope and happiness.

As Dylan began his treatment today I sat there and thought about all the times I have wondered why me, why him~

then I began to realize that this too is a blessing....

A blessing that God gave me this precious boy that needs a little special care.

6 comments:

Mikal said...

Prayers for healing blessings...

Mikal

Prudence said...

Praying that you will find a way to deal with Crohn's. My heart goes out to you...

Kim G. said...

Indeed, God has given you a very special son to love and care for. I too will pray for you and your sweet son. X and O.

Mermaids of the Lake said...

Prayers of healing and remission to your perfect little guy. I feel for you and I admire you for the attitude that you just expressed.

Mermaid Debbie

Unknown said...

my thoughts, heart, and prayers are with you . . . and may all your prayers be answered!! . . . liz

red ticking said...

totally precious and many prayers coming your way that his little body will be healed..xx pam