Thursday, November 12, 2009

Fun Design Ideas for Childrens Rooms

Now that the weather is getting cooler, and we're spending more and more time inside I thought I would share a little bit of my home with all of you.
Oliver's room is painted a neutral color, the alphabet was hand painted with muted orange, green and grays, all earthy colors. His little room is so calm and inviting. The burlap banner I made for Oliver's 1st birthday hangs over his window.This picture was taken when Oliver was about 2 weeks old by Barb Chase (Fine Art Photograghy)


Oliver's Ugly Doll collection that I had started for him before he was born is stored in a vintage laundry basket.
A vintage frame repurposed into a cork board.
I used an old buffett as a changing table. ~ Much cuter than a normal changing table....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi there,
Don't you love designing children's rooms! They are so much fun! I just recently finished my 3 girl's rooms this past summer. I had a blast doing it and I'm pretty sure they like them too. I put two of them up on my blog at - http://sophiasdecor.blogspot.com/search/label/Kids%20Rooms
I think it's way more fun (and cheaper too) to decorate with flea market finds. The vintage buffet is WAY better than those diaper tables that they grow out of in a couple years.
By the way, I loved your Mad Hatter Show! The displays were out of this world and no detail was overlooked.

Kristen
Sophia's - Live Beautifully
http://sophiasdecor.blogspot.com