Monday, October 19, 2009

Simple Pleasure

This is the time of the year when we're reminded of abundance... Italian Plums is one abundance we love to have. This recipe was given to me by my mother from her mother and given to her from my Great Na Na, from Italy!



You'll love the smell~ such a simple pleasure..




5 lbs of Plums/equal parts sugar
3 oranges
1 lemon
2 cups of raisins
2 T cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves

Grind plums, oranges, lemon, add sugar and spices.
Cook on stove until thick. ( approx. 2 hrs)
Cook in oven on low heat for 2 to 3 hrs.

Then put into jars~

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Debra@CommonGround said...

Hi, thanks so much for coming by and leaving the sweet comment. Your show pictures are awesome, looks like you had a grand time!
And Oh, yummy, your plum jam looks heavenly! Hope you come back soon. I just posted a new post on the Bible Study. I'm so glad you came by!
Debra

AuroraSuzette said...

I love plums! how did you know? My Mom used to make something she called egg pancakes, and always topped it with plums, or plum jam. Yummy!

trash talk said...

Plums are one of my all time favorites and if I cooked...I would so try this!
Debbie